What does it feel to be emotionally free? I don't know about you, but I can tell someone is in a great place when they walk around with a big smile on their face… when it looks like they are really enjoying whatever they are doing. For me, feeling emotionally unbound is when I feel that there are limitless possibilities just waiting for me – opportunities waiting for me to grab them. When I feel light, secure, loved and loving, safe and when I'm able to feel prosperous and attract all kinds of abundance into my life.
I truly believe that we should all feel like that all the time. We should be free from invisible blockages that drag us down and negative believes that stand in our way, keeping us from experiencing the joys we were created to enjoy.
In a previous post, we spoke about pushing through the tough times so that we can enjoy the good things, but sometimes, the stumbling blocks are not simple, temporary obstacles. Sometimes, our stumbling blocks are our emotional habits and our intrinsic beliefs. Essentially, we can be our own worst enemies or our own best friends.
When you become emotionally unbound from toxic thought-processes or negative "stuff," you can shift your harmful emotions and beliefs out of the way. By constantly practicing healthy emotional habits, you will be able to raise your vibrations and start seeing more of what you want to see in your life. With that comes unbound freedom, unbound inspiration, and boundless opportunities for expansion on every level.
Identifying Toxic Emotions
Toxic emotions include hurt, sadness, shame, hopelessness, fear, anger, hate, jealousy, pride, greed, loneliness, and guilt.
Negative emotions are enough to lower our moods, but they become toxic when they affect how we function in the world. When you read through the list of questions below, you will find some might be uncomfortable to answer. Some might make you cringe. Those are the most toxic emotions.
- Do you do spend a lot of time doing something (work, watching television) to avoid feeling a certain emotion?
- Do you use food or other substances to mask unwelcome emotions?
- Do you feel mentally or emotionally drained?
- Do you feel like you don't get enough time, affection, or personal attention from your partner, no matter how much it is?
- Are some of your actions aimed at hurting someone else or cause negative emotions in another person?
- Do you compare yourself to others and always come out on top?
- Do you feel distrustful of people closest to you?
- Do you get angry often, causing you to act out towards other people?
- Do you obsess about the future?
- Have past hurts taken away things that should be in your life now?
- Do you distance yourself from others, either by actively avoiding them or through your persona?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to fee yourself from your past in order to live a more artful and happy existence.
You can be free.
You can be unbound.
Sometimes, all that's needed is to bring out those emotions into the open. Experience them, then let them go so that you can experience emotional freedom.
Liberating Ways to Express Your Emotions
I'm not saying you're never going to have rough days, get angry, or experience negative emotions because in this pressure-cooker life, it happens all the time. It's not always easy to switch things around in your life so that you don't have to face a certain annoying situation, but if you can – DO.
Here's how you can handle your emotions in a more joyful manner:
- When you feel angry, BREATHE before you react.
- When you feel fear or self-doubt, find a way to treat yourself with LOVE.
- When things don't go your way, have PATIENCE.
- When things go wrong and you're having a hard day, find something to be GRATEFUL for.
- When being a friend, have EMPATHY, but remain objective.
Do you have more ways in which we can experience unbound joy in our day-to-day lives, dealing with this sometimes pressure-cooker life? Please let us know in comments below.